How to Configure Outlook 2007 using IMAP or POP3
3. Click on the 'Email' tab and click on the 'new' button.
4. Next select 'Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP' and click 'Next.'
5. On the Auto Account Setup window
check the 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types'
and click 'Next'.
6. Select 'Internet E-mail' option and
7. - Enter 'Your Name' as you want
it to appear.
- Enter your full E-mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org. (Replace domain-name with your domain.) in the E-mail
- Select 'POP3' or 'IMAP'
- Enter the mail server address your domain points to as Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) Server
- Enter the mail server address your domain points to as Outgoing mail (SMTP) Server
- Enter your full E-mail Address email@example.com. (Replace domain-name with your domain.) in the Account
- Enter your E-mail Password in the password field
8. - Click on More Settings...
- Click on the 'Outgoing Server' tab.
- Check 'My outgoing server (SMTP) Requires Authentication'
- Make sure 'Use same setting as my incoming mail server' is also checked.
- Click on 'OK'
9. Click the 'Test Account Settings'
button and you should see all items with green check marks... Click the 'close'
Button to close the test window.
Click 'OK' to save your settings.
10. Click 'Finish' to close the setup wizard.
11. Congratulations you have finished the setup of your email account!